The function of the Land Use Committee (LUC) is to develop and recommend to the Federation membership positions on the land use cases brought before the Fairfax County Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals that impact the membership area and communities of the Federation. The committee will not take a position on land use cases outside of the Federation membership area as defined by the By-Laws unless the Chair determines that the proposed changes will have an adverse impact upon the Federation membership area or communities. The functions of the LUC include the following:
- Gather information concerning applications for land use cases; identify and resolve, if possible, issues related to the applications.
- Review the County Comprehensive Plan and amendments to the plan; identify and resolve, if possible, issues related to the plan or amendments; and make recommendations concerning the Federation position concerning the plan or amendments.
- Review accessibility issues, particularly with regard to housing.
- Review and make recommendations on the Federation position with regard to any legislative or regulatory changes to land use provisions or practices.
- Draft resolutions which identify the critical issues and, if applicable, the resolution thereof; and state the recommended Federation position with regard to the application or change.