The function of the Education Committee is to develop and recommend to the Federation membership positions on the Education issues that impact the membership area and communities of the Federation. The functions of the Education Committee include the following:
- Gather information concerning education issues, to include school safety and student transportation, and keep the Executive Committee and the general membership informed of these issues and the status of major education projects within the Federation area. The Education Committee shall promote the educational opportunities for all members of the Federation
- Review, as necessary, the Education portions of the County budget, the Capital Improvement Plan, and other actions of the School Board; identify and resolve, if possible, issues related to the plan or amendments; and make recommendations concerning the Federation position concerning the plan or amendments. The Education Committee shall take no position that favors one portion of the community or member over another. The Education Committee shall apprise the Federation school boundary issues, but neither the Education Committee nor the Federation shall take a position on the content of these issues.
- Review and make recommendations on the Federation position with regard to any Education issues, provisions or practices.
- Draft resolutions which identify the critical issues and, if applicable, the resolution thereof; and state the recommended Federation position with regard to the issue.
- Develop annually and maintain a list of education priorities for the Federation and communicate these priorities to the appropriate county and state officials through the Corresponding Secretary. These priorities shall be approved by the vote of the general membership.